Sunday, November 7, 2010

Muffins and Pumpkins

First of all, I miss you Core and the cookies! Hugs :)

Now, consider this: If spending a single day at the Cookie (and Cake) Castle [@Tin Yao!] is sinful enough, can you imagine eating almost non-stop throughout the day for 12 days?

Here's our general schedule throughout the safari:

5 am wake up and try to look decent
5:30 am eat breakfast
6 am leave for AM game drive
9 am morning tea
11:30 am brunch
3:30 pm afternoon high tea
4 pm leave for PM game drive
6 pm sun downer
7:30 pm pre-dinner drinks
8:00 pm dinner

It's real funny, how I tell myself, "All this eating's insane. I'm going to skip dinner. I have to." I even tried foreseeing my ptrainer's wrath to convince myself not to grab another muffin. (By the way, he was like, "Tumaba ka anoh?! Pero, tsaka na kita pahihirapan, baka may jet lag ka pa eh.")

But when food's right in front of me (and smellin' really good!)... say, it's roasted lamb and pumpkin with cush-cush or bbq-d antelope or traditional baked pizza (with everything on, except the chili!)... it's hard.

It's hard... not to eat. I wish, I can plug in an external HD for added capacity... eat now, digest later. But, but...I just had to make space, after all... It's not everyday I can eat antelope meat!


Here's a photoessay on the edibles:

It's my cup of coffee, Tita Bic and the Rover.
We drive around in the morning, looking for game, stop for a morning snack about 9 or so, then back on the road.



This is the best! I actually ate like 5 slices, at least!
Not that I didn't want to finish it whole. Nahiya nalang ako kung maubos ko yung pizza, super takaw naman.
But really. Sarap!
Pizza at Toka Leya Camp.



Now, this one's memorable!
It was buffet for lunch. In front of the chafing dish, I asked, "Is this beef?"
"Nope. That's antelope meat."
WOW.
Barbecued antelope meat with pumpkin and cush-cush at Savuti Camp.



Cold coffee or home-made iced tea?
The usual set-up for afternoon tea before the PM game drive.



Our sun downers.
After some afternoon driving, we'll stop for a while and wait the sun to set and just chill.
Lumevel up narin kami: from Fanta and Coke Light to Gin & Tonic.
HA HA HA. Their favorite drink in Botswana. Umuulan ng G&T doon.


Some jamming before dinner proper. They love their music and they love to dance!



----------------------



Considering this outrageous surplus of food. We really didn't need no energy bars. So, thanks to Mr. Squirrel for doing us a favor!


PS. My poor constipated self suffered many days of... well, constipation.

Beat :)

1 comment:

  1. we missed you too Trix! but geeeesh! now i'm green with envy! all that food... and G&T! hahaha! love it!

    ReplyDelete